April 20, 2012

Featured Blog - Blogging from the Boonies

It has been a while since I have posted a featured blog. I've been too busy reading them to post about them. However, Blogging from the Boonies is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs and I wanted to share it with you.

First off, I love the name. For me, it conjures up images of trees with morning dew, pretty song birds, the smell of nature, raw and damp and fresh.
And the webpage design with the leaves and the pretty nature pictures add to my impression.

Of course, impressions aside, a blog is not worth reading if... well if it's not worth reading. That is, if it is lacking content.
This is not the case with Blogging from the Boonies.

Being a new Compassion Canada sponsor, this is a site that I have returned to more than once for ideas and suggestions for writing to our sponsored child. And actually, Michelle's posts are partly responsible for our decision to sponsor a child in the first place (Thanks Michelle!).

You can find all kinds of ideas for letter writing on Blogging from the Boonies, as I mentioned. And you don't need to be a sponsor to use it. Everyone loves a letter so don't hesitate to take a look and be inspired! Write a letter to someone you love.

I enjoy her posts about her family and her life. In particular, I really like the Thursday's This and That posts.

I could go on but really, just go over there and read instead.
Why read about it when you can see it for yourself?

Have an amazing weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you so much for the shout-out! I am blessed to know that you like BFTB! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      Really like the Olympics idea you had for letters. I think I might make something up with that in mind next.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...