March 22, 2012

Our Growing Family

Our family is growing, and I'm so excited!

Last week, Jode and I spent an afternoon pouring over pictures on the Compassion Canada site, trying to decide on which beautiful child to begin sponsoring.

It's a tough decision. All of them are in need and each of them so special, and how do you pick one out of so many?
Finally we clicked a sponsor the most needy button.

The result was pictures of a number of children who have been waiting for over a year for a sponsor, including a little girl named Carlin. Jode pointed her out and something about this sweet little girl called to me and said Yes! She is the one.

Everything I know about her could be told to you in under 5 minutes. I have not had any contact with her yet. In fact, we have not received our sponsorship kit so I haven't even sent a letter (although the kit should come this week and then I can get started). But already I love this wonderful girl. I truly do and I can't wait to write to her. God has placed her in my heart and we are so fortunate to be able to help her. We are truly blessed.

Carlin, age 8

Look at this beautiful little girl and I dare you to feel nothing. God must smile many many times throughout the day because of her.

Carlin lives in East Indonesia. She has two siblings and lives with her Mother and Father. Carlin is fortunate to be able to attend school (grade 3). Her community is lucky to have clean water.

If you have ever considered sponsoring a child, I urge you to take a look at Compassion Canada (or for other countries see the list at Compassion.net). Compassion is not just about writing a check each month. It's about making a connection with another person.

Compassion is about reaching out to someone else who needs your spiritual support. Who needs to hear that they Are important. That they Are loved. That they Do count. Again and again and again and again. So they know it in their heart and never forget it. 

We have so much on our side of the planet. We are blessed again and again. Consider sharing those blessings with a child less fortunate and head over to the Compassion site to take a look.

And if you decide to sponsor a child, I'd love to hear about them. Feel free to leave a comment or stop by on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...